The 2022 Global Investor Outlook report is Colliers’ annual in-depth exploration of investor sentiment, strategies and the forces set to shape real estate markets around the world. Our findings are developed based on a focused survey undertaken by 300+ investors across the globe and in-depth interviews with our regional Capital Markets leaders.
Global capital is back! Investors are bullish on economic growth prospects for 2022 and intend to maintain high real estate allocations even though pandemic-related uncertainties have not fully lifted. More investors are looking to future-proof their assets by integrating environmental factors into their strategies and quality office assets in major metropolitan markets will be in high demand. Read the global report below.
- Social and environmental trends are a clear priority for investors in 2022 and beyond.
- Tier-1 global markets of London, New York, Tokyo and Paris are at the top of investors’ wish-list.
- As competition for core assets heat up, investors should not be surprised to be outbid.
- Rising construction costs is the primary market constraint for 2022.
- Partnership is key for investors as both a buying strategy and to diversify portfolios.