Passer au contenu principal Passer au pied de page
  • For Lease
The Warehouse - #1
The Warehouse - #2
The Warehouse - #3
The Warehouse - #4
The Warehouse - #5
The Warehouse - #6
The Warehouse - #7
The Warehouse - #8

Character Office and Retail Space For Lease

Constructed in 1910 and expanded 1913, the G. F. & J. Galt & Co. Wholesale Grocers Warehouse recalls Calgary’s historic status as the most important wholesale and distribution centre between Winnipeg and Vancouver. Due to Calgary’s location on both the C.P.R. east-west mainline and the company’s important north-south line between Fort Macleod and Edmonton, the city was destined to become a major regional distribution centre. The Warehouse contributed to the development of the northern Beltline area as Calgary’s main wholesale/warehouse district, and continues to contribute to the warehouse district’s historic identity and character.

The Warehouse is significant for its Romanesque Revival style-architecture, and is one of the largest structures to have been constructed in the wholesale and warehouse district. The heavy-timber and brick warehouse is notable for its heavily corbelled brick cornice and its many, regularly spaced window bays. Other notable characteristics include the rock-faced sandstone foundation, multiple front entrances and the rear loading platform.

Please view 3D Virtual Tours below:

Main Floor Virtual Tour
Lower Level Virtual Tour
Suite 230 Virtual Tour
Suite 401 Virtual Tour
Suite 404 Virtual Tour
Suite 409 Virtual Tour
Suite 501B Virtual Tour
Suite 503 Virtual Tour
Local Superficie
Main Floor + Lower Level 15,547 SF
Suite 230 4,866 SF
Suite 401 638 SF
Suite 404 864 SF (C/L)
Suite 409 204 SF
Suite 501B 493 SF
Suite 503 338 SF