Jane Domenico, SVP & National Lead, Retail Services recently shared her insights on what the retail industry can expect this fall with Canadian news outlets, resulting in national press coverage including features in the Global News and Times Colonist. Jane’s forecast focuses on the impact of COVID-19 on enclosed shopping centres, how these assets can pivot in this ever-evolving environment, and the ways in which consumers are responding.
Key insights include:
- Traffic at enclosed shopping centres is improving with growing consumer confidence
- Colder weather may propel guest entertainment-based visits
- Shopping centres with “necessity” and big-box tenants will continue to perform well
- Consumers are now frequently turning to small and local “high street” shops
- Centres looking to pivot can introduce mixed-use real estate
- Consumers in smaller markets will continue to shop in-store for convenience