Developing a Neighbourhood Area Structure Plan
The City of Edmonton and Alberta Infrastructure have initiated the development of a Neighbourhood Area Structure Plan for the Neighbourhood 14 area that is situated within the broader Heritage Valley Area of southwest Edmonton. The neighbourhood is Government of Alberta owned land and will include a future hospital and health campus, as well as a station on a forthcoming light rail transit extension.
Ensuring the Feasibility of the Plan
Colliers International Consulting was retained to assist the City of Edmonton and Government of Alberta by developing a Market Study based on the site’s unique location, market characteristics, anticipated activity, and future demand in the study area. Our analysis was completed to ensure that future proposed recommendations are indeed feasible, marketable, and implementable.
Colliers provided the following services:
- Prepared an economic overview of the neighbourhood
- Analyzed and developed population/demographic forecasts
- Conducted a residential market overview, including historical activity and trends
- Undertook residential demand modelling, by unit type over the study period
- Completed a retail demand analysis and forecast, by category
- Prepared a commercial market report
- Analyzed employment projections to forecast future warranted office floorspace
Enabling the City of Edmonton to Support the Neighbourhood
The due diligence and preliminary studies were completed in 2019 and will be used to support the City of Edmonton as it develops a detailed Area Structure Plan for the Neighbourhood.