National Office Dashboard Population Over 1M Q4 2018
- Greater Vancouver's vacancy for midtown and suburban markets remains steady, however, net rents for the areas have increased 12.2% year over year.
- Calgary's high vacancy rates in the Downtown core are expected to lower NER's and provide opportunities to demise smaller spaces.
- The Edmonton market recorded positive absorption once again, signaling that it is likely at or near the bottom of the market.
- In Toronto, finance was the top performer of all leasing activity representing 33% of all lease transactions.
- Ottawa’s Kanata and Downtown sub-markets continue to heat up as tour activity increases in the areas.
- Montreal is experiencing a lack of available large block office space in the Downtown core for Class A office properties.