Independent Broker | Vice President
As Vice President of Colliers International in Winnipeg, John has been involved with all aspects of real estate management and brokerage. John has comprehensive experience and extensive knowledge of retail/shopping centre leasing, land sale and acquisition, new development feasibility, free-standing building sales and leasing, and tenant and landlord representation.
John has been specializing in retail exclusively for the past 32 years. He was a partner in Pratt McGarry Inc., holder of the license agreement with Colliers International in Manitoba, until its recent sale in 2018.
- Involved in several significant strip shopping centre developments and redevelopments including anchor tenants such as Lowes, Canadian Tire, Safeway, Loblaws, Sobeys, Co-op Stores, Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall and numerous others.
- Broad experience in handling disposition mandates for national retailers and restaurant chains, such as Canadian Tire, Loblaws and Shoppers Drug Mart.
- Retained by several large retail chains to handle their leasing and acquisition requirements such as Costco, Canadian Tire, The Keg, and Earls.
Bachelor of Commerce Honours from the University of Manitoba majoring in Finance
Adhésions & Implications
- Manitoba Real Estate Association
- Winnipeg Real Estate Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
Kris joined Colliers in 2003 as an agent in the retail division specializing in retail landlord and tenant representation in Winnipeg and the surrounding areas. Since then Kris has worked on a variety of retail projects ranging from new developments, free-standing buildings, malls and strip centres throughout Manitoba and north-western Ontario. Kris focuses on providing comprehensive expert advice and building strong long term relationships with all of his clients.
Licensed Retail Specialist
As a member of the Retail Team in the Winnipeg office, Melissa works as a Licensed Retail Specialist. She is responsible for transaction management, development of marketing materials and managing the team’s property listings.
With an extensive background in the hospitality industry, she is quick to connect with clients and eager to build professional relationships.