Executive Vice President | Personal Real Estate Corporation
Colin works exclusively with businesses assisting them in finding real estate solutions for their business challenges. This business focused approach has enabled him to act as an unbiased Advisor providing business driven real estate solutions to some of Metro Vancouver's largest companies. Colin is consistently Colliers' Vancouver's top Advisor representing occupiers of office space and is the only Vancouver member of Colliers' global Occupier Advisors which is a small group of top Advisors who exclusively assist occupiers of office space.
Colin is one of five people on the National Advisory Board advising the Canadian CEO on key national business issues, is a regular faculty member at Colliers University in the Netherlands and was awarded the Business in Vancouver Top Forty under 40 Award.
Since 1996, Colin has completed assignments totaling over 5 million square feet representing more than $1.4 billion of transactions. He is most noted for his genuine approach, creativity and service commitment to his clients.
Representative projects include:
- IWG Group - Regus/Spaces - Multiple projects totalling over 500,000 SF
- Fortinet - 282,000 SF
- McCarthy Tetrault LLP - 82,000 SF
- UBC Robson Square Campus - 81,397 SF
- Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP - 67,369 SF
- Ernst & Young - 66,510 SF
- Immigrant Services Society - 54,620 SF
- Miller Thomson LLP - 48,000 SF
- Gowling WLG - 43,000 SF
- Relic/SEGA - 43,000 SF
- Technicolor/MPC - 40,951 SF
- Harper Grey LLP - 40,000 SF
- Nexon Publishing - 37,179 SF
- Microsoft - 37,096 SF
Colin works with technology firms, law firms and other professional services firms.
- Business in Vancouver Top Forty under 40
- 2 tIme winner of the NAIOP "Lease Deal of the Year" award recognizing a significant leasing transaction that involved a high degree of complexity and creativity.
- Winner of the NAIOP "Investment Deal of the Year" award recognizing a significant investment transaction that involved a high degree of complexity and creativity.
- Colliers Ambassador Award - Awarded to an individual who embodies the spirit and values of Colliers International
- BOMA "Leasing Deal of the Year" award recognizing a significant leasing transaction that involved a high degree of complexity and creativity.
- Colliers "Outstanding Achievement" award
- Colliers "Rookie of the Year" award
B.A. in Economics, University of Western Ontario
Adhésions & Implications
NAIOP, Vancouver Enterprise Forum, BCTech Association
Microsoft Electronic Arts Royal Bank of Canada Ernst ＆ Young Farris Vaughan Wills ＆ Murphy LLP Relic/SEGA Molson Technicolor
"...I have worked with real estate advisors from around the world. We have high performance expectations for our service providers, including real estate advisors. Colin has exceeded these performance expectations. He has a thorough understanding of the market and is a skilled negotiator."
Microsoft - Barney Kinzer, Group Manager, Real Estate & Facilities
"I have worked with a number of advisors around the world and I must say you would rank at the top! Your willingness to listen to our ideas and then offer advice based on this made the process work for all of us. There are not many advisors out there that are willing to leave their ego at the door and be a partner in the process..."
EMC - Dan Ryan, Director of Real Estate
"As the process evolved your depth of market knowledge and trends became evidently apparent. I was also impressed by the fact that you gave considerable thought to the strategy and execution of the negotiation which comforted me in knowing that we had chosen the right person for the assignment. Accountability is paramount and you did exactly what you said you were going to do to complete our leasing requirements."
Technicolor - Jon Robertson, VP Vancouver Operations
"Your ability to understand and position the gap between the Landlord's expectations and the Tenant's ability to pay was very perceptive and assured that discussions were always solution-based. Not only did you create the right strategy for our successful end goal but your positive work style, experienced advice and negotiation insights were invaluable to the successful outcome. You clearly bring a joy and a dynamic approach to your work and we look forward to working with you again in the future."
The University of British Columbia - Stephen Owen, QC, PC Vice President External, Legal and Community Relations