After working in the energy sector at Shell and Imperial Oil, Todd moved into commercial office leasing and the fit has worked out very well. His experience in oil & gas helped in understanding business strategy, incorporating corporate requirements into lease negotiations and identifying specific office space-related requirements of oil & gas firms. Todd works with his clients to build a real estate strategy that complements their brand, culture and identity while promoting a positive and productive work environment.
Specializing in tenant representation, Todd has worked with clients ranging in size and assisted in both renewal and relocation exercises. This has also included negotiation of expansion space, rights, terminations, and assignment and subletting. Todd has had the opportunity to work with numerous oil & gas firms, along with legal, financial, and engineering groups.
In 2018, Todd was awarded the Colliers Award of Excellence, Top Producer and Canada - Top 6 Under 6.
In 2017, Todd was made a Partner of the Calgary office.
In 2017, Todd was awarded the Colliers Award Of Excellence, Canada - Top 6 Under 6.
In 2016, Todd was awarded the Colliers North America Rising Star Award in recognition for being one of the young leaders who represent the next generation of high-performing team players who are results driven and poised to lead Colliers through the coming decades. This award is only given to two recipients in North America each year.
In 2015, Todd was awarded the Colliers Award Of Excellence, Canada - Top 6 Under 6. Also in 2015, Todd was nominated for the Colliers North America Rising Star Award.
Recent assignments include:
- Husky Energy - Western Canadian Place 925,000 sf
- Progress Energy Canada - Calgary City Centre 266,000 sf
- Enerplus Corporation - TD Dome Tower 225,000 sf
- Inter Pipeline Ltd. - Calgary City Centre 195,000 sf
- Harvest Operations - Scotia Centre 142,000 sf
- Long Run Exploration - Eau Claire Tower 108,000 sf
- Keyera Corp. - Sun Life Plaza 108,000 sf
- Pembina Pipeline - Eighth Avenue Place 96,000 sf
- Calfrac Well Services - 411 8th and HSBC Building 75,000 sf
- Rogers Insurance - Stampede Station 55,000 sf
- Osler LLP - TransCanada Tower 54,000 sf
- Seven Generations Energy - Eighth Avenue Place 53,000 sf
- Crew Energy - Centennial Place 50,000 sf
- IHS Global - Sun Life Plaza East Tower 45,000 sf
- Tidewater Midstream - Livingston Place 44,000 sf
- Axia NetMedia - IBM Corporate Centre 43,000 sf
- United Way of Calgary - Kahanoff Centre 38,000 sf
- Peyto Exploration - Eau Claire Tower 37,000 sf
- Lawson Lundell - Brookfield Place 27,000 sf
- FirstEnergy Capital - Intact Place 28,000 sf
- Tenaris Global Services - Watermark Tower 24,000 sf
- Petrus Resources - BP Centre 24,000 sf
- International Petroleum Corp. - Jamieson Place 24,000 sf
- BlackPearl Resources - Penn West Plaza 21,000 sf
- PTTEP Canada - First Canadian Centre 17,000 sf
- GMP FirstEnergy - Bow Valley Square 15,000 sf
Beverley McCartney - FirstEnergy Capital Corp.
"Colliers had our best interests in mind and took time to understand our requirements very well."
Alan Blott - Calfrac Well Services Ltd.
"Colliers represented our interests well, had suggestions going forward, reviewed every document, negotiated directly with the Landlord and kept to schedule with everything. Just it's always a pleasure actually."
Mark Tysowski - Harvest Operations Corp.
"They're professional, experienced and helpful. They understood the industry and helped us through the process, an area that we don't know much about."
Terry Tomkins - Parlee McLaws LLP
"Very knowledgeable, excellent service."
Michael Mezei - Mawer Investment Management
"Knowledge of market and professionalism"
Cindy Ries - Keyera Corp.
"The quality of service, the follow-up on outstanding issues and the availability on short notice to discuss issues and the level of services is what I would call exceptional."
Alf Sailer - Kos Corp Investments / ATK Oilfield
"Right from the very start our experience was excellent. We had contacted Colliers and by the very next day they had arranged for us to go and see about 8 different spaces and not only were they all very organized tours, in addition they had prepared a package very clearly outlining the size, the cost and so on so from the start our process was very pleasant and very well organized. I believe Colliers was acting on our behalf so we were their client and they remembered that through the entire process. That's important when you're not experienced in dealing with real estate very often."
Rod Lebbert - SW Resources
"Very capable staff, both professionally and personally, they know the market, very responsive, they are a pleasure to work with. Just very happy with the way it turned out, their breadth of knowledge on the business and support services that go along with the business were great. We wanted to do some renovations, I asked [Jim and Todd] if they knew any contractors and right away, boom, same thing when we were looking for some used furniture, said who can I talk to, they said "here these guys deal in used furniture". It was great."
University of Lethbridge - B.Mgmt Finance; B.Mgmt Marketing
Brokerage: Tenant Representation, Research Services