As Vice President of Colliers International in Winnipeg, John has been involved with all aspects of real estate management and brokerage. John has comprehensive experience and extensive knowledge of retail/shopping centre leasing, land sale and acquisition, new development feasibility, free-standing building sales and leasing, and tenant and landlord representation.
John has been specializing in retail exclusively for the past 32 years. He was a partner in Pratt McGarry Inc., holder of the license agreement with Colliers International in Manitoba, until its recent sale in 2018.
- Involved in several significant strip shopping centre developments and redevelopments including anchor tenants such as Lowes, Canadian Tire, Safeway, Loblaws, Sobeys, Co-op Stores, Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall and numerous others.
- Broad experience in handling disposition mandates for national retailers and restaurant chains, such as Canadian Tire, Loblaws and Shoppers Drug Mart.
- Retained by several large retail chains to handle their leasing and acquisition requirements such as Costco, Canadian Tire, The Keg, and Earls.
Bachelor of Commerce Honours from the University of Manitoba majoring in Finance
Brokerage: Landlord Representation, Brokerage: Tenant Representation
Memberships and Affiliations
- Manitoba Real Estate Association
- Winnipeg Real Estate Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers