Colliers International Property Tax Services is committed to ensuring you pay only your fair share of property taxes by verifying assessment data, and providing assessment review period discussion and negotiation in preparation for appeal hearings. Our knowledge is your advantage during the assessment and appeal process. We work closely with our valuation team, brokers and property managers, sharing transaction and operational information and expertise to assist you with your property tax requirements.
Who can benefit from Colliers Property Tax Services?
Owners with investment assets must minimize fixed costs such as property taxes to maximize net revenue and offer the most attractive rents possible.
Occupiers view property taxes as a fixed production cost. Lowering property taxes ensures they remain competitive in their marketplace and can extend the longevity of a business or specific site.
Tenants look to maximize utility of leased premises, whether used for office or production. Lowering taxes impacts the bottom line and increases the value of existing and anticipated net rents.
Benefits of Property Tax Review
- Relief of the frustration and time with your appeal
- Better use of your time by delegating this function to a professional
- Professional unbiased opinion on the fairness of your assessment
- Enhancement of the competitiveness of your property due to lower taxes in comparison to your competition
- Lower taxes increases net rents and hence overall value
- Independent review to satisfy tenants that the landlord is protecting their interests by minimizing taxes
- Consultants’ knowledge of the process and assessment issues
Winnipeg Appraisal Services
The Colliers International Valuation & Advisory services group consists of over 60 valuation professionals across Canada, providing commercial appraisal and assessment appeal services to clients nationwide. Our appraisers specialize in commercial real estate appraisals for office, industrial, retail, multi-family, vacant land, and self-storage properties for a wide variety of clients including real estate investment trusts, large multi-national corporations, financial lenders and small business owners.
Our appraisers hold the AACI, P.App designation through the Appraisal Institute of Canada. The AACI designation is granted to individuals who have completed the AACI program of studies and fulfilled all the professional requirements of the Appraisal Institute of Canada. AACI members are qualified to offer valuation and consulting services and expertise for all types of real property.