Skip to main content Skip to footer
  • For Lease
The Warehouse - #1
The Warehouse - #2
The Warehouse - #3
The Warehouse - #4
The Warehouse - #5
The Warehouse - #6
The Warehouse - #7
The Warehouse - #8

Character Office and Retail Space For Lease

Constructed in 1910 and expanded 1913, the G. F. & J. Galt & Co. Wholesale Grocers Warehouse recalls Calgary’s historic status as the most important wholesale and distribution centre between Winnipeg and Vancouver. Due to Calgary’s location on both the C.P.R. east-west mainline and the company’s important north-south line between Fort Macleod and Edmonton, the city was destined to become a major regional distribution centre. The Warehouse contributed to the development of the northern Beltline area as Calgary’s main wholesale/warehouse district, and continues to contribute to the warehouse district’s historic identity and character.

The Warehouse is significant for its Romanesque Revival style-architecture, and is one of the largest structures to have been constructed in the wholesale and warehouse district. The heavy-timber and brick warehouse is notable for its heavily corbelled brick cornice and its many, regularly spaced window bays. Other notable characteristics include the rock-faced sandstone foundation, multiple front entrances and the rear loading platform.

Please view 3D Virtual Tours below:

Main Floor Virtual Tour
Lower Level Virtual Tour
Suite 230 Virtual Tour
Suite 404 Virtual Tour
Suite 406 Virtual Tour
Suite 503 Virtual Tour
Area Size
Main Floor + Lower Level 15,547 SF
Suite 230 4,866 SF
Suite 404 864 SF
Suite 406 1,392 SF
Suite 503 338 SF