Micheal joined Colliers in 2013 as Property Administrator for the University of Saskatchewan portfolio. He gained valuable knowledge and experience in the day-to-day operational management and lease administration of commercial property. His focus on tenant and owner relations and physical operations aided in his promotion to Property Manager in January 2020. Micheal now manages a diverse commercial portfolio of office, retail, industrial, and medical properties.
Micheal holds a valid Real Estate License in the province of Saskatchewan and recently earned his Certified Manager of Commercial Properties® (CMCP®) designation from BOMA/BOMI International through the Commercial Real Estate Certification Institute in July 2021. In addition, Micheal is currently a LEED® Green Associate™ Candidate with the Canada Green Building Council™, and he expects to pass and receive his full designation by August 2021.
- BOMA CANADA Silver Certification – MNP Place, November 2019
- Saskatchewan Real Estate License, UBC Sauder School of Business, November 2020
- Diploma in Property Management - Honors, Ashworth College, February 2021
- Real Estate Law Certificate - Honors, Ashworth College, May 2021
- Certified Manager of Commercial Properties™, BOMA International (BOMI), July 2021
- LEED® Green Associate™ Candidate, Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC), Credential Expected August 2021
Memberships & Involvements
- BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association) Saskatchewan member
- BOMA Saskatchewan Emerging Leaders Network (ELN) member
- Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) member
- Commercial Real Estate Certification Institute (CRECI) member
- International Downtown Association (IDA) member
- Saskatoon Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) volunteer
- University of Saskatchewan
- Government of Saskatchewan
- Saskatchewan Government Employees Union (SGEU)
- City of Saskatoon
- Citylife Investment Corp.
Managing Director | Saskatchewan REMS
Alex joined Colliers in 2011 and was assigned a mixed commercial portfolio of office, retail and industrial assets in the Saskatoon area. His focus is on understanding the specific needs of each project and determining a strategy that aligns with client objectives, followed by execution through an integrated team approach.
Alex was named Senior Property Manager in 2016 and began active involvement in new business development, client relations, and office management.
As of May 2019, Alex oversees all aspects of the property management portfolio for the province as Managing Director | Saskatchewan REMS.
Alex maintains a second career as a member of the Royal Canadian Naval Reserve and has served in operational/training environments both aboard Canadian warships and ashore.