Senior Property Manager
With over 20 years in Property Management, I have seen a great deal of change in the industry. Starting out as an Administrator working for a small firm and responsible for 20 properties, I was quick to learn that the Administration role in this industry is one where you learn a lot of information in a very short amount of time. The industry provides for a variety of "hats" to be worn and if worn correctly, can prove to be advantageous. After 8 years as an Administrator I was promoted to a Property Manager with a larger firm and managing just over 800K square feet of mixed use. Many challenges were brought to my attention which required "new hats" to be worn and new learning experiences to come my way. I am grateful for having the on the job experiences I have had in my role as it has greatly expanded my knowledge base in other areas of the industry, including I.T, Project Management and Construction to name a few. I love knowing that coming to work each and every day brings upon a day of challenges and no set Agenda. Varierty is the spice of life. 3 years ago, I was promoted to a Senior Property Manager managing 1.2 million square feet of mixed use and office. In the eyes of one of my favourite inspirational speakers "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
- During my management of a 5 storey medical building, I worked on a capital project with our construction team and consultants to upgrade the interior of this office building. Everything from flooring/wall paper/lighting/washrooms/elevators/HVAC etc. This project involved my meeting with various design consultants and energy management consultants and allowing for opportunities to pick out all the interior finishes and then presenting them to Senior Managment for approval. This was a very rewarding experience in many ways, but primarily in seeing the finished results which had over 55 tenants commenting on a job "well done".
- 2016 - Recipient of the Service Excellence Award
- Harvard Manage Mentor - #1
- Pursuing BOMI CPM
Memberships & Involvements
- Facilitated Concatenate program across Canada to Senior Managers, Property Managers and Property Administrators.
- Loblaw Properties Limited;
- First Capital
- Arcturus Realty Corporation
- Choice Properties;