Vice President, Client Strategy
Kate received her law degree from Osgoode Hall Law School and practiced law in the areas of commercial real estate, mergers and acquisitions and structured finance, securities and secured lending.
Prior to attending law school Kate co-founded and ran a commercial real estate leasing and operations consulting company for national and international tenants, landlords, investors and advisors. In this role Kate consulted with and advised clients on all aspects of their real estate operations and strategy including acquisitions, dispositions and ongoing operations.
Most recently Kate was responsible for the management of the real estate services operations for the entire portfolio of owned and leased real estate (over 20 million square feet under four banners) for an iconic Canadian retailer. In this position she translated corporate goals and objectives into real estate goals and objectives to ensure that team efforts were aligned with corporate strategy.
· Marketing and structuring joint venture development opportunity for BuildToronto
· Sale of redevelopment land for Toronto Lands Corporation
· Key member of legal team involved in $1 billion retail lease-based financing
· Advisory and lease drafting and negotiation for 600,000 s.f. distribution-facility build-to-suit for large retailer
· Consulted on real estate strategy for public entity
Structured rental-pool/condominium development to comply with securities regulations while remaining attractive to the market
LL.B./JD - Osgoode Hall Law School (Toronto)
Certificate in Securities Law (Osgoode Professional Education Program)
University of Toronto - Neuroscience/The Study of Religion
Memberships & Involvements
Toronto Real Estate Board, Ontario Real Estate Association