James has been with Colliers since 2010 working within the Investment Team on large land and investment transactions. Representing numerous international, national and local puchasers and vendors, James focuses on larger complex real estate transactions. With a background in both financial analysis and land use planning, he is able to provide unparalleled solutions for his clients.
He has a Masters in Regional and Urban Planning from the London School of Economics as well as a Diploma in Urban Land Economics from the Sauder School of Business. Previously, he graduated from the University of British Columbia with a Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honours.
James has been involved in over $5.6 billion worth of property transaction in across all asset classes. Significant highlights include:
Land and Redevelopment
- Lake City Lands - 19-acre commercial redevelopment site - $148,000,000
- 2145-2165 West Broadway - 34,500-SF Transit-oriented site - $75,000,000
- 1063-1075 Barclay Street- Downtown High-Rise Tower Site - $106,000,000
- 1640-1650 Alberni Street- Downtown High-RIse Tower Site - $130,000,000
- 1400 Block Alberni - Two-Tower Development Site - $170,000,000
- 6540 No. 3 Road - 3.58-Acre, Richmond Development Site - $73,500,000
- Riverport Entertainment Complex - Confidential
- 2111 West 4th Avenue Retail - 67,611-SF Prime Retail - $80,500,000
- Ladner and Ladner Harbour Centre - $55,000,000
- Ottmann Portfolio - 456 Units - $248,000,000
- Montecito Towers - 252 Units - $90,000,000
- 5455 Balsam - 87 Units - Confidential
- 1075 West Georgia Street - CBD, 350,000-SF Office Buidling - $274,000,000
- 4190 & 4260 Still Creek Drive - $110,000,000 (Winner of the 2018 NAIOP Vancouver Investment Transaction of the Year Award)
- 5890 NO. 3 Road - 61,483-SF Richmond Office Building - Confidential
- Gateway Casino Portfolio - 3 Metro Vancouver Casinos - Confidential
- Scotiabank Portfolio - Sale Leaseback of 10 Branches - $77,000,000
- CIBC Portfolio - Sale Leaseback of 23 Branches - $130,000,000
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia - 156 Luxury Rooms - $145,000,000
- Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport - 140 Rooms - Confidential
Masters of Science in Urban and Regional Planning from the London School of Economics
Diploma in Urban Land Economics from the Sauder School of Business
Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Geography from the University of British Columbia
Memberships & Involvements
- Urban Development Institute (BC Chapter)
-Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board
Executive Vice President | Personal Real Estate Corporation
Simon joined Colliers International in 1990 and has over 30 years experience in the commercial real estate industry, including three years spent in Hong Kong, where he established a solid and diverse clientele, facilitating numerous commercial real estate transactions and building strong relationships with investors and developers.
Recognized as a leading investment brokerage expert, Simon is known for his exceptional ability to bring deals to completion and help his clients achieve success. Consistently a top performer, Simon has received the prestigious National Winner of Colliers International Award of Excellence (Canada and USA) since 1998, and is a nineteenth-time winner of Top Investment Production award at Colliers in Vancouver from 2001 to 2020. Simon has completed over $9.0 billion in sales transactions.
Simon’s insight on market trends and buyer objectives is invaluable to the marketing and negotiation process. Specializing in investment sales, Simon has handled sophisticated real estate transactions of a full range of asset classes, including land, hotel, office, retail and multi-family investments, many of which are large-scale and complex. His achievements are a result of his acute understanding of the market and transaction process, strong relationships with industry professionals, a keen understanding of the Asia Pacific market as well as his undivided dedication to clients’ goals and successes.
Simon is fluent in English and Cantonese.
Associate Vice President
Jessica joined Colliers in 2012 and specializes in the listing and sale of investment and redevelopment properties throughout Metro Vancouver. As an integral part of Colliers' highest-grossing team across Canada, Jessica has been involved in over $5.8 Billion worth of transactions ranging from small apartment buildings to large-scale regional portfolios. She has developed an acute understanding of complex land and investment transactions and has established relationships with a wide range of property owners, investors and developers. Jessica’s market insights and tenacity are invaluable to the team’s dynamic and achieving client objectives.
Prior to joining Colliers, Jessica worked in project sales with developers and sales organizations including Amacon, Bosa Properties, and Fifth Avenue Real Estate Marketing - providing a strong sense of what investors, developers and new home buyers look for when purchasing property.
Jessica is an active member of the CREW Vancouver Chapter, UDI Pacific Region, and the NAIOP Vancouver Chapter.