M.Sc, MRICS, B.Sc (Hons)
Director - Finance
Giles is a Corporate Development professional who drives the financial and strategic analysis of business and acquisition opportunities. He has extensive experience identifying, evaluating and closing investment opportunities. At Colliers approximately 50% of his time is spent on acquisitions of commercial real estate service business in North America and 50% of his time on global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) activities.
Prior to joining Colliers, Giles held the position of Senior Manager Corporate Development at Rocky Mountaineer. Prior to that, Giles led the Business Development department at Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc and was responsible for driving growth through acquisition and development in Canada.
- Worked on the acquisition of 12 commercial real estate services businesses in the USA and Canada with over $130M value whilst at Colliers.
- Experience evaluating numerous investment opportunities across the resort real estate, hotel, seniors housing and tourism sectors.
- Drove the 5 year strategic planning process for a mid-size tourism business.
- Led the acquisition of a $71M luxury Seniors Housing property.
- Seth Godin's altMBA - Leadership and Management, Business and Marketing, 2017
- Masters of Science in Property Investment, Distinction, Reading University, UK, 2015
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), 2013
- Postgraduate Certificate in Management Studies, Kingston University, UK
- Bachelor of Science (Honours), Swansea University, UK
Memberships & Involvements
Royal Insititute of Chartered Surveyors