Vice Chairman | Personal Real Estate Corporation
Learn more at www.colinscarlett.com
For over 23 years, I’ve specialized in finding real estate solutions for business challenges, with a focus on technology and professional services firms. I use an exclusive methodology to truly understand my clients’ businesses and industries, giving them unique insights into their operations and positively impacting business drivers, including productivity, culture, engagement, retention/attraction, brand and operational efficiency. Not only that, I do it on the very best financial terms.
By following this approach, I have provided business-driven real estate solutions to some of Metro Vancouver's largest companies, including:
- IWG (Spaces/Regus) - 600,000 SF (various projects)
- Technicolor/MPC - 200,000 SF (various global projects)
- Fortinet - 282,000 SF
- Royal Bank of Canada - 140,000 SF
- Global Relay Communications - 100,000 SF (various global projects)
- McCarthy Tetrault LLP - 82,000 SF
- University of British Columbia - 81,397 SF
- Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP - 67,369 SF
- Ernst & Young - 66,510 SF
- Immigrant Services Society - 54,620 SF
- Miller Thomson LLP - 48,000 SF
- Gowling WLG - 43,000 SF
- Microsoft - 37,096 SF
- Harper Grey LLP - 36,948 SF
- Relic Entertainment - 35,112 SF
I’ve traveled to 20 cities around the world to research the future of office space, and to study workplace design trends that increase employee engagement. I speak regularly at conferences about my findings, and contribute to reports and white papers.
I am one of five people on Colliers' National Advisory Board which advises Colliers' Canadian CEO on key national business issues, am a regular faculty member at Colliers University in the Netherlands where I teach Colliers' leading professionals from around the world and have been awarded the Business In Vancouver Top Forty under 40 Award.
Specialties: Lease Renewal Negotiation
Office Relocation / Expansion
Office Sublease / Disposition
Corporate Strategy Development
Lease vs. Own Analysis
Vancouver Office Space
Employee Satisfaction and Location Surveys
Technology / Tech Firms
Professional Services Firms
- Business in Vancouver Top Forty under 40
- 2 tIme winner of the NAIOP "Lease Deal of the Year" award recognizing a significant leasing transaction that involved a high degree of complexity and creativity.
- Winner of the NAIOP "Investment Deal of the Year" award recognizing a significant investment transaction that involved a high degree of complexity and creativity.
- Colliers Ambassador Award - Awarded to an individual who embodies the spirit and values of Colliers International
- BOMA "Leasing Deal of the Year" award recognizing a significant leasing transaction that involved a high degree of complexity and creativity.
- Colliers "Outstanding Achievement" award
- Colliers "Rookie of the Year" award
B.A. in Economics, University of Western Ontario
Memberships & Involvements
NAIOP, Vancouver Enterprise Forum, BCTech Association
Microsoft Electronic Arts Royal Bank of Canada Ernst ＆ Young Farris Vaughan Wills ＆ Murphy LLP Relic/SEGA Molson Technicolor
"...I have worked with real estate advisors from around the world. We have high performance expectations for our service providers, including real estate advisors. Colin has exceeded these performance expectations. He has a thorough understanding of the market and is a skilled negotiator."
Microsoft - Barney Kinzer, Group Manager, Real Estate & Facilities
"I have worked with a number of advisors around the world and I must say you would rank at the top! Your willingness to listen to our ideas and then offer advice based on this made the process work for all of us. There are not many advisors out there that are willing to leave their ego at the door and be a partner in the process..."
EMC - Dan Ryan, Director of Real Estate
"As the process evolved your depth of market knowledge and trends became evidently apparent. I was also impressed by the fact that you gave considerable thought to the strategy and execution of the negotiation which comforted me in knowing that we had chosen the right person for the assignment. Accountability is paramount and you did exactly what you said you were going to do to complete our leasing requirements."
Technicolor - Jon Robertson, VP Vancouver Operations
"Your ability to understand and position the gap between the Landlord's expectations and the Tenant's ability to pay was very perceptive and assured that discussions were always solution-based. Not only did you create the right strategy for our successful end goal but your positive work style, experienced advice and negotiation insights were invaluable to the successful outcome. You clearly bring a joy and a dynamic approach to your work and we look forward to working with you again in the future."
The University of British Columbia - Stephen Owen, QC, PC Vice President External, Legal and Community Relations