Senior Vice President & Co - Managing Director, Workplace Advisory | Canada
Cathy brings 25 years of experience collaborating with clients to help them leverage the workplace as a strategic asset to attract, retain & engage top talent, enhance business performance, foster brand & culture, and manage cost. She has advised organizations across the globe and across industries on new ways of working, employee experience & wellbeing, workplace transformation, change management, sustainability, and real estate optimization.
Prior to joining Colliers, Cathy worked for RBC as the head of Global Workplace Strategy and Design in the Corporate Real Estate group. She led a team of strategists, designers/ architects and was responsible for workplace strategy, design development & guidelines for workplace and retail environements, for the bank's 24M square foot portfolio. Cathy developed the 'Workplace of the Future', a global strategy and program to transform RBC workplaces, to enable organizational objectives and enhance employee work experiences. She used a design-thinking methodology to engage employees, gather data and insights, and gain executive alignment. Cathy implemented a measurement process to assess and quantify the effectiveness of the workplace programs, and to gather key learnings to apply for continuous improvement. These initiatives have laid the foundation to support the future of work at RBC.
CoreNet REmmy Award: RBC AI Workplace, MaRS Discovery District
Industry speaking engagements:
- Canadian Real Estate Forum - Strategies for Productive Workplaces
- WORKTECH - Workplace and the Employee Experience
- Metropolis Magazine – Employee Engagement in a Digital World
- Oxford Properties - Workplace Innovation Challenge
- IFMA Facility Fusion - The Evolution of the Workplace
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- LEED Green Associate
- Organizational Change Management (PROSCI) – Executive Program