Our Lease Audit Process
Internal Audit/Desk Audit:
Colliers prepares a preliminary report for the client, highlighting any anomalies or issues identified as a result of the above.
Conclusion, Negotiation & Recovery:
Common Billing Errors
- Charging for more space than occupied.
- Incorrect calculation of gross up.
- Incorrect application of caps, CPI, or other capping mechanisms.
- Change in landlords/property managers that result in incorrect information transfer.
- Inclusion of expense items were no such expense provision is provided in the lease.
- Utility costs not properly allocated.
- Lease amendments regarding operating costs or square footage not reflected in billings.
Why is an audit necessary?
Director, Lease Consulting Services
Frank Iannarilli is a real estate consulting specialist whose lease cost service provides a detailed critical analysis of the financial terms of a tenant's lease documentation in relation to the landlord billings in order to ensure that the tenant pays no more than is set out in the lease. Frank works on behalf of office, industrial & retail clients tenancies throughout North America and has saved them millions of dollars.