Vancouver’s strong real estate investment market is experiencing historically high real estate values, increasing construction costs, and a limited amount of quality, developable land.
- As OCP’s are revised within a city, changes in real estate zoning present opportunities for highest and best use. In Vancouver, property owners, developers and business owners are engaging in partnerships from the early planning stages as they look to redevelop a site and optimize its potential through a joint venture.
- All parties benefit from such partnerships:
- Property owners who want to maximize the value of their property by developing it to its highest and best use, but lack the necessary expertise and/or capital
- Developers who have the necessary expertise to build, but lack access to well-located, developable land
- Business owners who want to invest in their premises, but do not want to take on the full responsibility of developing them
- Such partnerships require time and market knowledge to be successful. Colliers International has the market insights and connections to facilitate these strategic partnerships, and manage the process from beginning to end.