National Office Dashboard Population Over 1M Q1 2018
- Overall vacancy rates have dropped to 9.8%, down from 10.3% twelve months ago.
- Toronto has the lowest vacancy rate in the country at 4.3%, Vancouver is just behind at 5.2%.
- Edmonton’s overall vacancy rate has dropped to 15.6% from 17.9% in the past twelve months. This is in-part due to some buildings being repurposed and taken out of the inventory.
- Calgary’s overall vacancy rate has risen to 24.5%, up from 22.9% in Q1 of 2017.
- Ottawa has seen the largest decline in vacancy in the Downtown/CBD markets, dropping by 2.6% over the past year (when Edmonton’s results are omitted).
- Vancouver has seen a decline of 2.8% in Suburban vacancy in the past year, and over this time Montreal has seen an increase in Suburban vacancy of 5.1%.