Colliers brings market knowledge to analyze potential of emerging neighbourhoodColliers was engaged to study the Neighbourhood 14 area within the broader Heritage Valley Area of southwest Edmonton to determine future demand and anticipated activity. Our analysis was completed to ensure that future proposed recommendations are indeed feasible, marketable and implementable.
Invaluable strategic insight and urban planning
With our extensive knowledge of Edmonton and the overall real estate market in Alberta, Colliers International Consulting put together a Market Study on Neighbourhood 14.
To provide a thorough analysis of the desired development area, Colliers provided the following services:
- Analyzed city wide economic data
- Analyzed and developed population / demographic forecasts
- Conducted a residential market overview including historical activity and trends
- Undertook residential demand and modelling, by unit type over the study period
- Completed a retail demand analysis and forecast, by category
- Prepared a commercial market report
- Analyzed employment projections to forecast future warranted office floorspace
As of late 2018, the due diligence and preliminary studies are still underway and will support the City of Edmonton as they work on developing a detailed Neighbourhood Area Structure Plan that will inform the development of a new hospital, health campus, and light rail transit expansion.