Guided by your real estate advisor, the process of constructing a real estate brief to achieve your business objectives will consider questions including:
- Is your business growing or shrinking?
- What are your brand values?
- What will your facility requirements be in three years?
- Are you considering acquiring or merging with other firms?
- What effect will moving have on your customers and staff?
- How will moving impact logistics and transportation costs?
- What are the long-term prospects for the quality of your existing labour pool?
By working through this concept planning phase, you will achieve the maximum benefit—both financial and strategic—in the relocation or reconfiguration of your facility.
If the workplace design happens solely during the design and construction phase, only minimal gains are possible.