With turbulent energy and political sectors, both nationally and globally, Edmonton has experienced a stable quarter as industrial companies continue to wait for a clearer picture before making decisions.
- Despite minor increases in vacancy and negative absorption, rental rates grew by 5% in the past twelve months.
- The Trans Mountain pipeline (TMX) was approved after years of waiting.
- Steel/aluminum tariffs were removed between Canada and the United States which is expected to help support the cross-border flow of trade.
- Bills C-69 and C-48 were passed in June.
- Approximately 680K square feet of new construction began this quarter.
( PDF Document 5.8 MB )