This is the National Dashboard of Canada’s six major industrial markets for the second quarter of 2017.
- Over 88% of the national industrial inventory resides within the top 6 markets, which hold an average vacancy rate is under 4.5%.
- Metro Vancouver has the lowest vacancy rate at 1.9%, down from Q1’s rate of 2.2%.
- Calgary’s industrial market experienced its third consecutive quarter of positive demand, which has resulted in declining vacancy.
- Toronto is the largest industrial market in the country, representing nearly half of the inventory in Canada.
- Rental rates across all markets are either increasing or remain stable. This is a product of declining supply and increasing occupier demand.
( PDF Document 467 KB )